Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"The One"

I know, typical, I'm going to talk about the ever-vague idea of "The One." But it's really been on my mind lately, not because I'm thinking about marriage or have picked out my wedding song or anything weird like that...

Anyway, I was thinking about the whole concept. I am a complete believer that God has a specific person picked out for everyone, either that or it is His plan that you don't marry. It may be frustrating/shocking/incomprehensible for us but WE are not God and we can't pick out The One for ourselves. (I capitalize it because I think it holds that amount of importance in our minds. Sidenote: I'm assuming that the majority of people reading this are girls). It's especially tough when we see those really drop dead gorgeous people and we REALLY want them to be the one, but nonetheless, God will provide the perfect person, and looks can be a bonus, right? :)

Still, what if The One is in my GHIST class right now? (If you are in my GHIST class and you're reading this, please do not think I'm planning our wedding). What if The One isn't at JMU? What if I don't meet The One for another 10 years? Will I be able to handle that? I guess it all boils down to the concept of wholeheartedly trusting God and His perfect plan for my life. I'm trying to wait patiently, but let's just remember that patience is not one of my strongest virtues. It's one of the hardest things to have no clue what the future holds...but I'm learning day by day that it's okay to not control every minute detail of my life. God is so much better at handling it, anyway.

So that's my little message of the day: stop sitting, wishing, and waiting, because your time will come. Just because you don't know the future doesn't mean it's not bright. Place it in God's hands and let it go, because if you do that, it's guaranteed to turn out perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment