Monday, May 17, 2010

Summa Summa

I guess since I promised I would update this thing more regularly, I should probably inform all the people that aren't reading this how my summer is going so far.

First of all, it was wonderful at first to be home...not having to worry about studying/walking to get food/wearing shoes in the shower/wearing clothes in the room/turning off the lights and the music...but then I started to miss having a roommate and being with all my friends. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely in need of a vacation, but it's most definitely a bittersweet one.

Second of all, I've basically done NOTHING of importance since I've been home. I wake up (usually), lay out, shower (sometimes), get on facebook, clean, get back on facebook, download music, get back on facebook, get my car washed (occasionally, like when people accidently pee in my seat), work (woop!), check facebook some more, watch Law and Order: SVU (which I can no longer do because I have officially watched all the episodes we have recorded...which were numerous), hang out with my sisters who are way cooler than me and actually have things to do, then play apples to apples on the regular, oh and then check facebook again (let me just tell you, facebook is only but so entertaining after a week of nothing to do). It's a pretty exciting life, I know, try not to be jealous. Needless to say, I'm missing my friends and consistently being busy and having something to do. Although it was mostly stressful and always a balancing act between working and having fun, it was much better than sitting around and twiddling my thumbs all day. I guess everyone needs a little thumb twiddling in their life though, it provides sanity. I'll appreciate this time when I get busy again.

Thirdly, I would like to point out that I have officially gone MAD deciding to take three classes this summer. Why on earth would I think that I would have the motivation to do that much work when I don't even have that much motivation during the school year? I know it's going to pay off, so I will religiously study Ancient Mesopotamia and pretend that I believe in "The Big Bang," but believe me, I will hate every minute of it. Sorry to whomever has to listen to me complain for the next two months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment