Friday, June 11, 2010

Love Like Crazy

Okay, so when I said I would update this regularly, I was clearly kidding. Oh well, I guess some things just won't change. There are a few things that I've been wanting to vent about for quite some time. I felt like tonight was the perfect night to address these incredibly important things, seeing as I have a final tomorrow that I still have to do 50 pages of reading for. But like my mom says, sometimes you've gotta live a little. All nighter, here I come...

So first of all, I've been getting the question "What do you look for in a guy?" so frequently lately, I figured I should sit down and think about it. And world history wasn't working out for me tonight, so I've been making a little list in my mind. The most important thing, of course, is that he's a solid person and a solid Christian, not the kind that just goes to church on Sunday and calls it a week, the kind that will encourage me, teach me, and lead me. He needs to have an adoring and solid relationship with Jesus Christ before he's ready to be with me. At least that's my opinion. Second, he needs to be a guy that will come to all my family events with me and enjoy it. My family is the most important thing in my life, besides the obvious, and it's so crucial to have somebody that can fit in. I'm talking Caleigh's dance recitals, Sunday Night Pizza, the millions of birthday parties, the holiday festivities, the list could go on and on. He needs to be someone my grandma can adore just as much as me, sorry if that's lame, but that's just how it goes. Third, I need to fit into his life. I want to feel like I belong and I don't want things hidden from me. I've dealt with that enough already. Fourth, I want somebody that will be okay sitting at home sometimes and just watching a movie. I'll even let it be some awful guy movie. The simple things are the most important things. I'm tired of counting, so I'll just continue...I want somebody that won't judge me when I eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's in less than 15 minutes. I want somebody that notices little things. I want someone that I'm attracted to, in more than one way. I want someone who will never get tired of me. Okay, sorry this list is long and I probably sound really annoying and girly and selfish, but people keep asking so I figured I'd give everyone an answer.

The second of all has strange relation to the first of all. People continually ask me, "Oh my gosh, like how are you still single?" Okay seriously, how am I supposed to answer that question? Not only is it kind of rude, but it's just so awkward. Even if the person is trying to be nice, it's just not the best idea. I'm single because that's how it's supposed to be right now. I'm single because I'm too picky. I'm single because God hasn't shown me the right person yet. I'm single because I don't know myself well enough to know somebody else. I'm single because I'm looking for 2 years, not 2 weeks. I'm single because I won't give it up. I'm single because I'm not the perfect 10. Is that what people really want to hear? That would probably make things even more awkward. But anyway, I'll just deal with the question until I meet someone. Then I'll deal with all the pesky questions that come with a relationship. Can't ever win. :)


That's the end of my random, annoying, scatterbrained rant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment