Sunday, November 29, 2009

When I count all my blessings, I get a smile on my face.

So it’s Thanksgiving, and of course it’s a necessary tradition to go around the table and say what you’re thankful for. For me, the list goes on and on. I have such an incredible family, I don’t think they understand how much I love and appreciate them. I have wonderful friends, I’m getting an education that some don’t get the chance to get, I have food on the table for every meal, I have a warm bed to sleep in every night. The other night, I saw the movie “The Blind Side.” It seriously brought tears to my eyes when I realized that some people really don’t even have a bed, or even anywhere to go for the night. I know that it’s normal to take things for granted when you don’t realize the other side of things, but I feel so selfish when I think about what I have and how little I appreciate it. My dad works pretty much 24/7 so that I can eat and attend a prestigious private school and buy clothes that I want. He doesn’t expect recognition, and nor do I give it to him most of the time. He’s the most selfless person I know, besides my incredible superhero of a mother, and I don’t know what I would do if I had a different set of parents. My siblings are my rocks. They don’t judge nor do I judge them. Sometimes, they’re the only ones I can count on when I’m having a terrible day or when I need to just vent to someone without inhibition. It kills me to be away from them, but I know in the end, it will make us all stronger. I also have the most incredible friends, both new and old. My life is what most would see as perfect. I’ve got the most incredible God on my side, the most amazing family behind me no matter what, and incredible friends to keep me going on the toughest days. When I count all my blessings, I get a smile on my face.


-J

No comments:

Post a Comment